SABA Instruments represents and distributes all manner of signal conditioners. A Signal Conditioner is an instrument that converts one type of an electrical signal be it a pulse, a voltage, or a current into another electrical signal that can be used as an input to a digital control system, a display, or process controller.
Signal conditioners have a variety of uses in multiple applications including:
- Converting signals so field sensors, transmitters and transducers can interface with indicators, recorders, DCS, PLC and PC-based SCADA systems.
- Isolating signals to stop erratic measurements caused by ground loops using signal conditioners
- Spliting one signal, allowing one primary measurement to be sent to two separate systems.
- Cost-effectively solving DCS start-up problems that result from incompatible signal types
- Amplifying signals to enable more instruments to be added to an overburdened loop.
- Steping down dangerous high-voltage.